I’m presenting the third instalment in my ‘packing = modern’ art series. This project was created by me as I was sorting and packing the school area. It is a simple project which serves a dual purpose – creating a work of art and finding out which felt pens still work. For this reason, I undertake this project on a semi-regular basis.
What You Need:
- A pile of felt pens, highlighter, markers etc.
- A piece of scrap paper – pre-scribbled on is just fine
- A good chunk of time to undertake a mindless task
- A rubbish bin
- A pencil case
- Take lid off felt pen.
- Draw a scribble on the scrap paper.
- Choose whether pen is good to keep.
- Place pen in either rubbish bin or pencil case.
- Repeat with every pen in the pile.
- Display artwork with previously created modern art areas in house.
- Experiment with different filters over photo.
- Smile while continuing to sort and pack.
I’m sharing our second modern art creation here today. You can find our first creation here.
This masterpiece was created by my 2 year old son. It all began quite innocently as he dropped a container full of colourful markers, which he had found already packed in a box. His face showed signs of concern as he stood there pointing and saying, “Uh-Oh. Uh-Oh.” in his cute sort of way. Then his expression changed to confusion as I grabbed my camera and started shooting pictures instead of cleaning up. Hmmm. Parents are funny sometimes.
What You Need:
- One container full of colourful little dots
- A young child
- A tiled floor
- A good dose of patience
- An active sense of humour
- Dig through packed box to find container full of small pieces
- Take off lid – using your teeth works well
- Drop container on floor
- Put on cutest possible face and pretend it was a total accident
We have been creating ‘Modern Art’ in abundance around here lately. All of it is directly related to the fact that we are moving in about a weeks time. Moving = Modern Art, not usually my equation, but I’ve been having fun with the camera this week. Sharing my first Modern Art DIY project here today.
What you need:
- A houseful of belongings
- Big brown boxes
- Packing tape
- Black permanent marker
- Other obscure personal effects
- Collect any odd assortment of ‘stuff’ which has found it’s way into your home.
- Place collection of objects in a box – the bigger the better. Except when the objects are primarily books – then the smaller the better.
- Tape box firmly closed with packing tape.
- Label box very clearly.
- Stack boxes in every corner of your house.
- Enjoy the masterpiece you have created.